WINDOW TYPE ACs
Found pretty much everywhere and always popular, window type ACs are a safe and reliable choice for many homes. As their name suggests, window type ACs fit nicely into any hole meant for a window or any wall where the exhaust can point outside. They come in a variety of sizes but work best when tasked to cool a single room or a small area.
Window type ACs are composed of a single unit with all the necessary components built inside, all of which serve to send hot air outdoors and send cool air indoors. They can have the controls in the form of buttons or knobs on the face of the unit, or a remote control. They also have filters inside the grill which can be slid out and cleaned to maintain optimum efficiency.
- Because they’re placed on the wall, homeowners with smaller rooms can get more out of their limited floor space.
- They typically have lower entry costs and are inexpensive to operate.
- They’re easy to maintain and clean.
- They’re easy to install, even without expert knowledge.
- They can be quite noisy, with a rumbling or humming sound.
- They need to be placed near an electrical outlet.
- If they’re placed in a hole meant for a window, that means having to sacrifice a window view or being able to open a window for fresh air.
- Not all windows can support ACs, and since they tend to be rectangular or squarish in shape, window type ACs may be incompatible with some irregularly-shaped windows.
SPLIT TYPE ACs
Ah, the sleek and stylish split type AC. Loaded with features, including comparatively low-noise functions and impressive energy efficiency, these are popular choices in many modern homes. They attach to the upper end of walls and rain down a blanket of cool air, making them great for bedrooms or living rooms.
Split type ACs consist of two parts: an outdoor unit with a compressor and an indoor unit with a condenser. These two units are connected via tubes that go through your wall while refrigerant circulates throughout the system differently depending on whether you use your AC for cooling or heating.